Fictitious contest: Win-a-Trip ASU grad school project runs 22-26 June.

Friends and Family,
Post your photos and recommend your favorite travel spots so I can begin planning for future trips!
... tweet me at http://www.twitter.com/anne2hike

Visit my website: http://www.tropicalteachers.com/web2.0/a2b

Enjoy!
Anne

Thursday, June 25, 2009

C'est fini!

What a day! An efficiency expert would have a heart attack even to see this in print! I worked this morning on the audio, ran errands, then went to my friend Scotty's house to use her iMac for the contest audio. Four hours later, I had the track uploaded and posted on the website.

I must acknowledge that my sound man, Chuck, son of Scotty, came to my rescue. Scotty's iMac allowed me to record several tracks in GarageBand, and I spent far too much time choosing the bass, guitar, and drum options. However, even with tech support from Chuck via phone in Greensboro, I was not able to change the format of my files from ail (??, that sounds sick!) to MP3 files. His software version was different from Scotty's, so we had challenges in communication.

The onlie GarageBand tutorial showed a drop-down option that wasn't available and I didn't find the help menu to be as helpful as I needed it to be. I counld not find a preference setting that would allow me to change whatever default was in place. However, I did give Chuck, my official sound man in RL his script: "The contest is over!" He promptly e-mailed it to Scotty, and I uploaded it to Soundboard. So, I have a sound bit that I created, although circuitiously and very costly in person-hours, and I was able to embed it on my CMSimple page in the capstone project.

The track is entitled "C'est fini!"

Yippee! Anne