Fictitious contest: Win-a-Trip ASU grad school project runs 22-26 June.

Friends and Family,
Post your photos and recommend your favorite travel spots so I can begin planning for future trips!
... tweet me at http://www.twitter.com/anne2hike

Visit my website: http://www.tropicalteachers.com/web2.0/a2b

Enjoy!
Anne

Monday, June 22, 2009

Treasure Terra Firma - a start

Good morning!

Those of you who know me well know that I treasure the time I have outdoors and in the wild. Whether I'm hiking in Glacier, traipsing a part of the AT, or swimming in the Jackson River, my outdoor time soothes my soul and renews my spirit.

As part of the Web 2.0 graduate class I'm currently taking at ASU, I am working this week on a project I'm entitling "Treasure Terra Firma." I initially started with the idea of creating a "Green Day" event, then moved to rallying the troops around getting children, teens, and adults into the wilderness so that we have support in the future for our planet and our wilderness area and parks. I've finally settled on the following.

Please help me connect with some of your favorite spots where you've hiked, kayaked, backpacked, and traveled around the US and the world. If you wish to send photos, let me know whether I can post them on my blog or not, and include the location (specific or relative) of your shot.

My personal goal: to head to a new spot (for me) with a friend quarterly and to share that experience on this blog. I encourage you to do that same so that we can amass a list of great places to visit and explore individually and perhaps with each other.

Thank you for participating!

Love, Anne



I hope you enjoy YouTube's "The Discovery of the Last Child in the Woods."